Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Teamwork to Treat Complex Cases: a Patient Testimonial

Dear Dr. Baker and Dr. Bongiovanni,

I would like to sincerely thank the both of you for your service and dedication put forth in the healing of my foot. I would not be where I am today without your expertise, guidance, and diligent care.

I had back surgery as an infant, which resulted in neuropathy in my foot and three toe amputations and countless infections. When I first came to your office back in August, I was quite frustrated with the medical care (or lack thereof) that I’d been receiving. My problems were recurring, and I felt as though I was getting nowhere, or even going backwards. I searched locally for another doctor for a second opinion, and was repeatedly told that the doctors didn’t see patients with a condition like mine. I originally found out about Weil Foot & Ankle Center by doing some online research on a Saturday morning, reading about Charcot. When I dug a little further, I realized that your offices were in Illinois thus I immediately picked up the phone to call to make an appointment. I cannot explain the excitement that I felt going to get another opinion in such a well-regarded establishment.

I have only wonderful things to say about Dr. Baker and Dr. Bongiovanni. They have both been a true testament of what a doctor should be: honest, caring, practical, down-to-earth, and just plain nice! I have felt comfortable around the both of them and respect their immense knowledge of properly caring for the foot. They both were not only concerned with treating the existing problem but finding ways of prevention to avoid future problems. They took the time to ask me questions about my lifestyle and gave me practical solutions that fit appropriately. They did not just come in, look at my foot, offer a few phrases and leave; they spent on average 20-25 minutes each visit to talk about what was presently at hand.

Since then, I have visited your office on several occasions. All of the staff are so kind and really put forth the extra effort to accommodate me. I live about 75 miles away, and each visit was scheduled to see both of my doctors within a short time period to save on having to make two trips.

I would like to sincerely thank Dr. Baker , Dr. Bongiovanni, all the nurses and staff for the exemplary care I that I received. I would highly recommend Weil Foot & Ankle Center to anyone looking for a physician. Thank you again.

Cordially,

Kate
Wauwatosa, WI

No comments: