Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Fasciitis and the Firefighter

I am a 44 year old firefighter that has suffered with chronic heel pain (Plantar Fasciitis) for over 2 years. I also run a few miles several times a week as part of my regular exercise routine. To say that I was frustrated with my pain and the inability to treat it with all the conventional stretching, exercises, inserts, etc is an understatement.

After a referral from my Orthopedic Surgeon to Dr. Lowell Weil Jr., that was about to change. He was completely thorough in his diagnosis and offered several options for treatment. I had surgery, minimal invasive, last December and was back on my feet in 48 hours. Within a week I was back walking in gym shoes and back to the gym on a light workout within a month.

When I say the recovery was quick, it is amazing how good my feet felt. It took Dr. Weil's caution to take it easy at first to keep me from doing more right away. His options for treatment are not offered by all doctors and that's too bad. I have heard horror stories of multiple surgeries with 6 month recovery time. Nonsense - if you suffer from chronic heel pain, give Dr. Lowell Weil Jr. a call, I have referred several people to him and will continue to do so. It is 9 months since my surgery and I have had NO problems what so ever with my heel.

Thank You again Dr. Weil.

Firefighter - Tom (Chicago, IL)

No comments: