Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back to Basketball

I was devastated in February when I came down for a rebound and couldn’t walk off the court. I saw the end of my NCAA All-Conference Basketball career when a previous podiatrist put me in a walking boot, for my tendon strain. I contacted Dr. Amarantos and after a preliminary visit with him devised a more custom plan of treatment for me. After an MRI, which revealed a ruptured Posterior Tibialis we scheduled a surgery.

Two weeks after surgery I started feeling some relief when the cast was taken off and I returned to a walking boot. Six weeks later I was able to wear my gym shoes with a brace, and I could really notice the vast improvement, I was able to walk with next to no pain for the first time in four months! I was recently cleared for full playing and am grateful for the specialized treatment that I received from Dr. Amarantos.

My fears of missing my senior season did not come true, as the prompt quality treatment got me back on the court for pre-season. I will gladly recommend any of my teammates, family, or friends to Dr. Amarantos, in complete confidence that they would receive top-notch treatment.

Thanks Dr. A!

Lady Reds Captain
Carthage College Kenosha, WI

No comments: